Midas KOK

Modest_Man

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 5, 2006
Washington
It's a nuchal hump. Flowerhorns get "kok". As for when, could be never. Depends on the gender, genetics, and care of the fish.

mbunafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
as modest man has pointed out, its NOT a 'kok', its a nuchal hump.

if you post pictures i will try my best to determine the sex...

you could vent it which would give you a definate answer..

JustinFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
USA
So who cares what you call it, it's the same thing. you've all just repeated the same thing. How about answering the questions asked. ANNOYING! I'm only bitter necause it happens to me too. and its very annoying.

Anubisscott

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2009
Enid, OK
www.facebook.com
Modest_Man;3156301; said:
It's a nuchal hump. Flowerhorns get "kok". As for when, could be never. Depends on the gender, genetics, and care of the fish.
:iagree:100%.
Also depends on the fish itself, My male Midas' hump is really coming in and he is over 9" long. It came and went when he was 6" depending on his mood aswell as waterchanges. Now it seems to be staying more constant as he becomes more of a tank buster. Just depends on the fish.

Anubisscott

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2009
Enid, OK
www.facebook.com
JustinFish;4336737; said:
So who cares what you call it, it's the same thing. you've all just repeated the same thing. How about answering the questions asked. ANNOYING! I'm only bitter necause it happens to me too. and its very annoying.
The same think can be said on our side when people refer to NH's as KoK's. It is just a term made up by FH pioneers to compinsate for something.:ROFL::j/k:It's because it's a hybrid term and we are refering to a Amphilophus Citrinellus.;)

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Not to mention 5" and large kok should never be used in the same sentance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store