Miracles do happen!! My new monitor plan!

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Haha. The best of luck happened to me. i posted an add to buy an ackie monitor tank and i got a reply that blew me away!! XD There was a guy that offered to make me an custom enclosure for 100 bucks out of plywood!!! He send me some pics of some of his made ones and they look impressive. it turned out the next day when he send me his email saying that he a the writer of the ackie monitor section of this months official reptile magazine!!!!He was also a yellow ackie breeder. so far i asked him to sell me an ackie too!!! LOLs. Is this too good to be true?? wood the plywood eventuall rot and cause havok in my basement??? he said he applied some special coating in the enclosure. what kind do you think??? the encloser is going to be 48 times 24 times 24. The only worry is that my parent might let me get the tank!!! Will post pics of the plan.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Tons of people use plywood for herp. As long as its properly sealed ur gtg.

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
Yep indoor. Heck its the floor of my caiman den and that floor is shown more abuse than an ackie cage would

latshki

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2007
prince edward island, canada
make sure your parents know about this before this guy builds you one

black_sun

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2008
New Jersey
^ this. But very cool, nice person to find a contact with!

cichlid_fever

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2010
...Im out here!!
Is your basement finished,or at least have a controlled enviroment?! Mine is to Humid & gets to cold to hold any animal. & i live on the northeast coast of the US,which doesn't get half as cold as it does up in canada.Good luck.......& congrats on your find!!! I have that edition,what's his name ?

lix.ma14

Hydrolycus Armatus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Is your basement finished,or at least have a controlled enviroment?! Mine is to Humid & gets to cold to hold any animal. & i live on the northeast coast of the US,which doesn't get half as cold as it does up in canada.Good luck.......& congrats on your find!!! I have that edition,what's his name ?
mike. He wrote the ackie article

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store