Mistakes and such

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
When I found the skull in the woods, the first thing I did was call the police. But, then I got curious about it. I picked it up and started wondering who this person was, and why he had deer horns.
I need my head back, sorry about misplacing it( don't judge me! Can you honestly say you haven't lost a saytyrs skull or half a pair of socks?)

Reactions: Matteus

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Improper tank size:
Please give your fish tanks of the proper tank size, tanks should be wide enough for fish to easily turn around without touching anything, and at least 4 times as long as the fish.
Don't keep your pacu in 325 gallon, they need at least 1000 gal, same goes for redtail catfish.
Oscars shouldn't be kept in a 55 or 75 gal, instead a single oscar needs at least 125 gallons.

In to small of tanks Waste builds up quickly , harming your fish.
Spinal problems occur from not enough space, and abrasions occur more frequently , fish can also show maladapted behavior such as jumping out, hyper aggression , lethargy etc
I agree but myself as many don't have room for the super large tanks. It's a balancing act. I do appreciate that the larger the tank the better for large cichlids. One thing I want to say as a new member, I appreciate everybody's input and I thank all the fishkeepers that post.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Dimitri Georges

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2019
When buying a used tank, make sure the seams aren't aged. A long time ago I made the mistake of trusting a guy off craigslist only to later have that tank literally bust at the seams in my living room.

Somehow managed to keep everything alive except some GSPs

LBDave

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2018
Long Beach
Improper tank size:
Please give your fish tanks of the proper tank size, tanks should be wide enough for fish to easily turn around without touching anything, and at least 4 times as long as the fish.
Don't keep your pacu in 325 gallon, they need at least 1000 gal, same goes for redtail catfish.
Oscars shouldn't be kept in a 55 or 75 gal, instead a single oscar needs at least 125 gallons.

In to small of tanks Waste builds up quickly , harming your fish.
Spinal problems occur from not enough space, and abrasions occur more frequently , fish can also show maladapted behavior such as jumping out, hyper aggression , lethargy etc
Improper tank size has to be number one. I am looking at getting another larger tank. I knew going in I would probably need to get rid of fish or... Thank god my wife fell in love with the oscars.

NjHardcore

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2018
When doing water changes don't walk away from your tank while filling it. I did a 50% water change on my 180 last night and it takes a while to fill from my sink. Figured I'll play some xbox and check on it in 20 mins. Well 50 mins later and my pugs going nuts I get up to see an inch of water throughout my kitchen, dining room, and hallway.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store