Mitigating bad choices: two juv silvers purchase

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Ok, so
Q1: how does one rekindle the typical arowana rage-attack feeding reflex? Garlic? Red candles in a circle? Thirteen drops of lamb's blood?
She's moved to the windowsill, now with drip, pre-rooted pothos & bubbler +30% water change up-front and a big pinch of sea-salt. She'll take a vibrating moth grudgingly, but these guppies seem pretty safe & seem to know it. Thoughts?

Q2: She's little so not notably cramped, but doing glass-press-swim thing - thoughts? Simply unhappy, cramped, back-lit (indirect), terrified of mystery-snails, has a serious/murderous hate for me personally or something else?

The other is easy & angry & fat (normal), having added best-part of 2cm since arrival. I can/will remove mountain-mullet from the "busy" tonight* & relocate the this aro in the AM. Then move the beleaguered to the 55 with a few dozen guppies & crossed fingers. So much f&$@king drama...

...and here we find Q3: Will this be excessive relocation stress? Better to leave her to get her act together where she is, without angelfish competition for the tiny guppies? She's healing & doesn't seem to be losing condition, just not eating (much/enough). She seemed to arrive "hangry" but lost it with the bullying &/or failed attacks on too-big dragonfly nymphs. A confidence issue? Life-coaching meditation & some plucky affirmational Facebook memes? ;)

* the mullet are brilliant manic fun but start getting territorial with a little size (IE soon/now). Dip-net a few 1"ers, grow to 5~6" then start again, though not this time.
Note: I have no idea if these arowanas are male or female, they're little with ventral fins still long & luxuriant.

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
And you have one in a 15 gallon now with guppies and shrimp? Say goodbye to the guppies and shrimp.
Yup - all fine two weeks ago with maybe 50 various "edibles" in there with her. We went on a wee holiday to see the parental units and, 16days later, she's on her utter lonesome. Even the big females, the tinies in the bottom bamboo bits & the mid-water green/glass shrimp - I'm quite flabbergasted, and very impressed.

Reactions: Fishman Dave
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store