Mixed sizes agression

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
Apologies as I've asked this before, but erring to fed-up & out of time:

Pond is ~6X12' & a little over 5" deep, planted with filamentous & lilies & overtopping stuff.
Big "girl" has been in there for ~12months, comfortably over 25". Never been terribly aggressive, but...

Next "boy" is ~18" in a 6' 100+gal with plenty of flow, so not too-too cramped but starting to eye-up & chase the stuff that's harder to replace including cats & loaches with riskier pointy-bits, so it's time to go.

SO:
Assuming this nucklehead moves this weekend, do you wise sages have any thoughts or tips on how I might minimize the aggression/injury?
Plenty structure & good flow, dragonfly, mullet & swordtail "enrichment" in there now, but how "dice roll" is it including hari-kari lawn-leap over 2' side-fence?

thebiggerthebetter thebiggerthebetter , I do appreciate that you've told me previously it'd be a no-go, and do totally appreciate that advice; I'm just wondering if there's a way to mitigate beyond another bigger tank or another 1000gal side-dig to this pond. To this, ther'es a client-pond that I was half thinking to sell either one or both (or all three) to, but it's at least a month from ready & husbandry is likely to be naff...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store