MMA News and Notes

hamato_yoshii

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Earth (temporarily)
This thread is for all updates regarding the MMA world that may not fit into a thread for a specific event.

First up:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_y...Eo14?slug=ki-tuften052809&prov=yhoo&type=lgns
Rampage will not be fighting Machida next, he will be coaching against Rashad Evans in the next season of TUF.
Also, the link says that the next season will be heavyweights, which will be awesome.

Also, the rumorsare now that Machida's first defense will be against Shogun now, but I haven't heard anything solid on that.

Reactions: chopsuey

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So they are building toward a Rampage-Evans match,I'd rather see a Rampage -Machida bout.

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
Yep, Evans/Rampage are confirmed as coaches.

http://www.cagepotato.com/its-official-quinton-jackson-and-rashad-evans-coach-tuf-10-—-heavyweights

Shogun fight is just a Rumor but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. He didn't do good against Coleman, got choked out by Griffin, but did KO Liddell in his last outing. However most of the ex Pride monsters have been given title shots based solely on that. Henderson got a crack at the MW and LHW belts, Rampage got his shot after beating Eastman only... Some people may get all pissed but Rua was a monster in Pride in 2005 - if that Shogun shows up Machida is in trouble. And just on the chance he may show up in that shape again it's worth that alone to make the fight happen.

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
If Mousasi and Belfort can't agree on a weight it won't happen, I hope they do. That would be an awesome fight but no matter what Mousasi would have a size advantage.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
Just wondered how many of you posting about MMA compete in it? I have since 2000

Mr.reef24

polish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2008
Ne, IN
www.tankterrors.com
Whats your name? If you don't mind.

I'm sure others will want to know too...

I've never competed but I did gather up the courage to take up Jiu Jitsu & NHB training a couple years ago. I can't afford it anymore but hopefully that will change. We had many local MMA fighters and I trained with them on a weekly basis for about 6 months. I really need to go back because I've lost about 40 lbs since the last time I was there. I actually just emailed the head instructor yesterday to say hello for the first time in like a year, I was pretty serious about it for that 6 months so I was really cool with everyone there. Hoping to go back soon, while I never fought I've gone 110% grappling sessions just like you see in the big gyms for 7 minute rounds with 1 minute breaks. And that was when I was 5'9" tall and 250lbs, trust me it SUCKED trying to hang with 145'ers but I did it. So I'm not just another keyboard warrior who never did anything. So when I see someone gassed, I know what that feels like. And I got cut, scraped, bruised, broken in the 6 months I did it, but I loved every second of it.

Oh and prior to that I had never done any sports in my ENTIRE life. Nothing, no T ball, no High school sports, nothing. So it took some courage to step in without knowing anyone and without any real athletic ability. I learned pretty fast considering too.

www.totaljj.com in case you want to know where. :)

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I dont but one of my co workers trains for it.I'm a little old at 40 to be thinking about competition but I would like to train for the fitness.

mr.reef24

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2009
USA
s704.photobucket.com
my name is lance I have trained in martial art's since I was 5 turned to jiujitsu about 10 years ago took up muay thai shortly after. Got knocked out real bad in a muay thai fight so started boxing in beginning of 2000 and never been knocked out since yeah.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store