Moist under tank

idkjardiniagressive?

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2019
Hello guys I just set up my 210g tank, the tank wasn't quite level so I stuck these paper shimmies underneath the tank, the piece of paper is the same size of a piece of printer paper. The paper has a 1cm wide water spot that runs down the entire piece of paper, it is also wet at the base of the paper. Will this be an issue, I live in a very dry climate(Nevada) me and my family think it will end up drying, or plainly just not be an issue, hopefully you guys can let me know. Thanks.

idkjardiniagressive?

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 11, 2019
Oh it is not a leak, I was filling it up and some water spilled on the paper and seeped down it, the tank is brand new. But when/ if it drys will it not be a problem?

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Oh it is not a leak, I was filling it up and some water spilled on the paper and seeped down it, the tank is brand new. But when/ if it drys will it not be a problem?

I personally would drain all the water out and pickup cedar or some other type of shim.
I would then place a contractor level across top of stand and shim the corner that isn't level.

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I personally would drain all the water out and pickup cedar or some other type of shim.
I would then place a contractor level across top of stand and shim the corner that isn't level.
You can rent a level from any home improvement store or possibly a rental center. Once the stand is level then the aquarium will be fine.

Reactions: Gpdriftwood

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
if you want, can consider using a styrofoam board to place below the whole of the tank.

It's a common practice in my country.... been using for both my 6ft tank.... and since my ground is not level.... the difference in height between left and right is about half to 1 inch... no issues so far

but have to say, both my tanks have euro brace top and bottom

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store