Mold-breaking Engineering

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
The new Toyota/BMW engine development program powers the new Supra I6 Turbo.
There is so much separating this engine from just the recent past, it's difficult to believe.

I built my first engine up, and built my first car up, in 1970, but I don't keep up-to-date with this stuff. I mainly worked on antiques and my own daily drivers.

I built engines in a shop in Layton UT while I was in college. I've only done a few since.

But the technology has changed, and assembly ideas as well. Don't bother changing your own plugs. You don't have the tools. ;)

This car is selling out for silly prices.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Are you buying one is all I care about.

Reactions: FJB

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
I won't pay these prices just to be "first". One dealer wanted $180,000! It was "the last one" and I think they got $120k for it.

If the market goes up again this year, and the next production run is large enough that dealers aren't scalping, I very well may buy one.

I've already been slipping hints to my wife, but she doesn't know anything other than, "I'm thinking about getting a small car. Probably just another Toyota."

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
I won't pay these prices just to be "first". One dealer wanted $180,000! It was "the last one" and I think they got $120k for it.

If the market goes up again this year, and the next production run is large enough that dealers aren't scalping, I very well may buy one.

I've already been slipping hints to my wife, but she doesn't know anything other than, "I'm thinking about getting a small car. Probably just another Toyota."
Well then gramps make a road trip to SoCal when you do!

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
Sorry Dee. Too many business trips. Too many flights into John Wayne. Too many crashes on the Hollywood freeway.

I'd drink this before I ever go to SoCal again.
9456.jpeg

If I take to the road, this is where you'd find me:
hiding from all that over-condensed civilization, with some fish.
20171017_100513.jpg

7518.jpeg

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
. . . If the market goes up again this year, and the next production run is large enough that dealers aren't scalping, I very well may buy one. . .
Well THAT was a real pipe dream…
You still can’t touch those in California for any reasonable price. Production is low and they are so fast people are probably wadding them up routinely.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store