Mono peacock bass loses color daily

Flowerbass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2019
I have 2 mono peacock bass
Every day the larger one loses all of his color almost completely black while he chases his tank mates around . When he’s done he slowly starts to get his color back !
this has been happening every day or 2 for about 3 months now . I’ve tried different tanks , water is fine all my fish have always been good but this guy changes daily . Always eating and healthy is he just moody !? Posting pictures as well one from morning and one later that day

14C52167-B6CE-4540-BD79-7C21B4B9CC5F.jpeg

image.jpg

Peach02

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2019
Australia
Is it just this one or are all of them losing colour?
if it is all of them I would recommend trying a good food with a colour enhancer, you often find them in pellets if your bass will eat them.
another option could be since it happens after he chases his tank mates could be separating them to see if he regains is normal colouring then

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Could be stress, temperamental, territorial maybe the decor remove all decor and see if he still does it. I had a Broko that was completely dark brown for a good while not sure what happened or why but he turned out to be the most stunning of my trio.

Reactions: Flowerbass

Flowerbass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2019
Is it just this one or are all of them losing colour?
if it is all of them I would recommend trying a good food with a colour enhancer, you often find them in pellets if your bass will eat them.
another option could be since it happens after he chases his tank mates could be separating them to see if he regains is normal colouring then
It’s just the one , the other is always lit up . The one that loses his color is the largest also I have 2 bass and 1 large convict that I use to distract them . But all the fish always stay the same just this one likes to go back in forth . Thanks for the response

Reactions: Peach02

haynchinook334

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
\m/(O_o)\m/
It's getting bullied. Need to add dithers and/or target fish.

Reactions: Peach02
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store