Mono X kelberi peacock bass size?

Ashtons Fishroom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2021
o well if your having success then that's good, but my opinion is a 6 X2 X 1.5 minimum for mons to reach full potential. your mono probably is maxed out at minimum size.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
That's the issue with this hobby, Everyone thinks you need a massive tank for certain species of peacock bass when that is false. but moving forward. Min 120 for 1-2 monos, kelberis, xingus and possibly orinos since they grow so slow and will grow to the size of the tank. You asked a question i followed up with my answer and proof a 120 works. have a great week dude.

Ashtons Fishroom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2021
i understand you mike, but its not the size its the activity level that's all as if they get spooked or if they decide to rush after food, as they are such powerful swimmers they will hit the glass. but yes you too :)

Ashtons Fishroom

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2021
monos get 20 inches to 30 inches at max so that 4 foot would keep him alive but he wouldn't be thriving! im adopting a 19 inch mono in a couple of weeks so he surely would have a good time in a 6 footer.

bassinmike85

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
California
monos get 20 inches to 30 inches at max so that 4 foot would keep him alive but he wouldn't be thriving! im adopting a 19 inch mono in a couple of weeks so he surely would have a good time in a 6 footer.
Again you can keep monos in a 120 but in your case you already getting one that's 19" mine is 16". My male is thriving. I have 3 120's with peacock bass in it. If bought at a smaller size monos will grow as big as they can in a tank. with proper care and filtration monos will be fine. just because a certain fish may max out at a certain size doesn't mean it will even reach its max size. growth, colors etc all depend on the individual cichla.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store