Monster emperor angel

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I'm fully committed to the darkside. I went to look for a porc puffer and ran across an emp angel.

I've seen these in public and private aquariums. The biggest I've seen is roughly 13" . Does anyone have any personal or seen any pics of really big emperors?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
One of my favorite angels,I had a juvenile years ago.Its stripes were just beginning to change to the adult striping.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
One of my favorite angels,I had a juvenile years ago.Its stripes were just beginning to change to the adult striping.
I've wanted one forever. What made you get out of sw?

Heres a list of what I'm wanting to do.
5- green chromis
2- clowns
1- fox face (maybe)
1- emperor angel
1- sailfin tang (maybe)
1- porcupine puffer
1- diamond goby

I'd like to work in a blue throat trigger or a picasso.

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Here's the biggest Emp I could find. WC

Bro that’s the most beautiful livid color I’ve ever seen on a fish, chit maybe anything I’ve ever seen.... fooking gorgeous fish mane you definitely need to get a couple

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've wanted one forever. What made you get out of sw?
I got tired of the waste.The salt mix which wasn't cheap to begin with goes down the drain with every water change....also I had moved on to keeping sharks and I later realized I wouldn't be able to keep them in the best possible conditions.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
Bro that’s the most beautiful livid color I’ve ever seen on a fish, chit maybe anything I’ve ever seen.... fooking gorgeous fish mane you definitely need to get a couple
I can only house one but it's a helluva one. Here's some small ones I want to throw in with it.

And if I can find a healthy acclimated one

Here's my inspiration. I think I'm going to have to file 13 the idea of corals though $$$.

Reactions: Dloks

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I got tired of the waste.The salt mix which wasn't cheap to begin with goes down the drain with every water change....also I had moved on to keeping sharks and I later realized I wouldn't be able to keep them in the best possible conditions.
its crazy how theres info out there saying a 180 is ok for a bamboo.

The waste does bother me. I figured out a way to cut my RO waste in half but I don't know if it's even possible to reclaim sw like you mention.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
its crazy how theres info out there saying a 180 is ok for a bamboo.
Yep and those are what I was keeping along with my horn sharks.I miss them but I don't see myself ever getting any more.
I will probably wind up getting another octopus at some point in the future though.They were the coolest wet pets ever.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store