monster fish tank

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
i was just wondering is it the volume of water that is required for monster fish or tank size

AR1

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
kingdom of saudi arabia, riyadth
i see then a appropriate question would be that does depth of water affect fish growth? if depth is like 3 feet but length and breath like 2 feet then can you keep monster fish. if you don't provide enough lenght or breadth but provide a greter depth then willl your monster fish be happy and healthy? if you get what i mean

Deadeye

POTM Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2020
Footprint is most important for “running room” and so that the fish can adequately move in its space, but they still need enough depth to move around in too.

Reactions: Joshuakahan and AR1

Cal Amari

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2023
It's not one or the other, both are important factors to healthy fish and affect different aspects of the fish's health. Dimensions and footprint are important to ensure that the fish you have has the space to live comfortably and act naturally without being stressed, stressed fish have weaker immune systems, poor coloration, deteriorating health.

Volume is important because the bioload a large fish puts off will quickly pollute a small volume and dirty water will definitely impact your fish's health and growth. Even with great filtration unseen things like nitrates and hormones are only removed by doing regular water changes, and the smaller the volume the more frequent the changes are necessary.

Another important factor to footprint in the fishes stress level is natural cover, rockwork branches, and lighting, etc. If you have a big empty tank with a spotlight on the fish all the time, they will be stressed. If the ight varies and there's places they can hide or provide sight breaks, partial cover etc, they will feel more natural and see more natural behavior.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I can have a 1’x 1’x1,000’ tank which is 7,491 gallons but you can’t keep anything that’s a decent size in it while I can have a 100’ x 100’ x 6” which is 37,456 gallons but I can’t have anything that’s a decent size. You need a good foot print and a decent height.

Reactions: Deadeye and AR1
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store