monster for a 55G

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
guppy;610121; said:
Aha! PM Peanut power, heheh, seroiusly, he will hook you up with the info you need, and probably the contacts, he is the most informed person I have ever come across as far as crenicichlas, bar none.
OK, i'll PM him.

can you tell me where I can find these pike livebearers? I have seen them in books before, but I never thought i'd find one in a store.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
They are from central america but are available in England and I think there is someone selling them in Florida. Try to reach Daryl Roche of Fla. http://www.nativefish.org/articles/NeverReturned.php
Nanfa and NFC might beable to hook you up as well.
I know at least one Florida member has one.

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
guppy;611016; said:
They are from central america but are available in England and I think there is someone selling them in Florida. Try to reach Daryl Roche of Fla. http://www.nativefish.org/articles/NeverReturned.php
Nanfa and NFC might beable to hook you up as well.
I know at least one Florida member has one.
OK, i'll look into that.

how about a single adult RBP?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I have kept a 14" rpb in a 55g, I felt guilty as it could barely turn around.

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
guppy;613705; said:
I have kept a 14" rpb in a 55g, I felt guilty as it could barely turn around.
i guess tha answers that question....

upyun

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Philadelphia
Hey man

I've heard of people keeping Gold Wolf Fish in a 60gal for quite a while. They are THE most active Wolf Fish species (to most people) and will always be roaming its tank, protecting it's territory. They also beg for food which is cool since you can train them to take from your forceps (I wouldn't recommend your fingers lol). The 2nd most active is a Rainbow Wolf which would live very well in a 55gal.

If you change your mind about only keeping one fish, a planted small predator tank is my recommendation ;) (see sig)

fishcatch22;607733; said:
I doubt i'd want a bigger tank.
quoted since we all know one day you WILL eat these words and go bigger.

I JUST got into fish keeping this past september with a 55gal and I already want a 125gal sooo bad. Just reading everyday about more and more fish makes you want to go bigger!

best of luck
Brian

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store