Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
Pics! Want to see this bullfrog

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I think he will max out at 8 inch snout to vent
Some of things you mentioned feeding him worry me 1. Both tokays and snakes anywhere near that size can kill your frog (seen it happen and not just once or twice but dozens of times) and 2. These animals can easily transmit internal parasites to your frog (such as fatal tapeworms) not trying to hate.
Personally I like big American bullfrogs as they are aggressive feeders and will readily jump to get food from your hands

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
tokay gecko? kill a african bullfrog?!?!? i dont feed tokay i have them as pets but a african bull can kill all 3 of my tokay in few mins. I dont think u have been bitten by an adult male bull or seen how big they are? tokay is ane xpensive meal i did not wanna feed him that. I wasnt home and my cousin wanted to get rid his because of aggression. He put it in the wrong tank. Show me a tokay kill a AFrican bullfrog adult. We arent talking normal frogs. The bite from these guys kills. They eat monitor lizards young crocs, one ate 17 juvie cobras.

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
american bullfrogs arent meant to be pets they need too much space, they arent calm they will smash into the glass. Pacman and african bullfrogs giant toads are all calm and dont fear their owners much. AMerian bullfrogs seem to get scared and leap a lot. THey would make a perfect meal for other frogs tho.

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
Also depends on the snake some snakes can some can't they verey in size and ability. I would only feed cb snakes or lizards or animals i quarentine. My frogs get constipated after eating mice sometimes. Earthworms make bulk of diet i just try to vary their food as much as possible. Friend breeds ball pythons/corn snakes and his culls he will just give to me.

candidpets

Candiru
MFK Member
May 24, 2015
Brampton
www.facebook.com
this is one that ate a monitor lizard, when these frogs get big they take a large meal every week or so. They can gobble down 2 dozen big earth worms fast or 5 house geckos. Ornata pacman are almost as voracious. Ill post pic later i just got him a new tank. These are the second largest frogs in the world weigh over 3lbs.

pixieeatmontior.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store