more PVC overflow help

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
AndrewMack;769394; said:
ya i keep my house around 80 so my tanks are usually that warm. im justing keeping african cichlids but i like alot of water movement. the next pump down is only 580gph at 0head height
You might like a lot of flow, but do your fish?

AndrewMack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2007
Fleming Island FL
IDK i might do a pair of Comps or Geos. Maybe a single red devil.Havent really decided yet, i got the tank tonight and it was missing about a 3.5" piece of the plastic frame guy from LFS said put JB plastic weld and it will be just fine so imma let the JB weld dry overnight and fill the tank, petsmart was out of Penguins and AC110s and emperor filters so im going to put a 5g bucket ontop the tank with a bunch of filter fiber/floss in it and hook up a 200gph powerhead i have... look wierd but it should get the job done

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Ok, so forget that I called it a myth :D

And I am sure you aren't guessing. Did you measure the flow or are you going off of what the manufacturer said the pump should flow?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
I measured it using a gallon bucket a long time ago. It seems as if it has slowed down though, I'm wondering if there is some crap trapped in it. (I had to add a second one a few weeks ago.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store