More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Got my guppy grass last week and it looks great, super dark green and healthy. A few pieces of duckweed floating with it. I treated it with alum for a day and now it's soaking in fresh water under a lamp in a bucket. Seller tossed in one sword plant as a bonus.

guppy grass with val sword.jpg

Val piece.jpg

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Brick continues to prove Oscars are clumsy bulls in a china shop. He's knocked off a couple of scales on his left side days ago. Just as those are healing up and getting color he scrubs that same side on something yesterday. He always does this off and on, getting scuffed up. Looks like 2 parallel skid marks on the same side about 3 inches or so long. The big Clutz...I gave him a dose of vitamin C powder. Brick and his bumps and scrapes. It's always on the left side because he roots mostly on one side of the tank. Weirdest thig I've ever seen.

side detail.jpg

Americancichlidsaredabest

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2022
Brick continues to prove Oscars are clumsy bulls in a china shop. He's knocked off a couple of scales on his left side days ago. Just as those are healing up and getting color he scrubs that same side on something yesterday. He always does this off and on, getting scuffed up. Looks like 2 parallel skid marks on the same side about 3 inches or so long. The big Clutz...I gave him a dose of vitamin C powder. Brick and his bumps and scrapes. It's always on the left side because he roots mostly on one side of the tank. Weirdest thig I've ever seen.

View attachment 1536284
one of my EBJD knocks scales off of himself to lol. Have you ever had any health issues with this or is brick usually ok?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
one of my EBJD knocks scales off of himself to lol. Have you ever had any health issues with this or is brick usually ok?
Yup he's always ok. He does this when he does a lot of rooting and moving rocks. The scales come back in transparent then color up from the outside in. It will be dark rings that fade and fill in with the red/orange.

When he was a juvie about 8 inches he tore a chunk of meat loose with the skin and scales flapping off. I added salt for three days, kept the water clean and it healed up. The big flap of skin fell off showing his meat. It didn't seem to bother him at all but it sure bothered me!

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Confirmation...hrp Tank is bigger than his brother, Hulk. Bruce is losing his distinctive wedge shape and getting boxy like the others. And here I thought they were all done growing.

Hornwort arrived today! Some shed, but not too bad. They're soaking in clean water in a bucket next to the guppy grass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store