More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Things turn quickly in fishkeeping.

Pretty angry right now. Heater exploded and killed my little rainbow cichlid. Amazingly the acara is alive but shows stress. Over the last few hours he's swimming more but with fins still clamped.

I've ordered another rainbow which should be arriving Wednesday.

Should I add salt?

Highest of the high, lowest of the low. You never see it coming sometimes. ?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Sorry for your loss

I would look into Ehiem Jagger heaters. When I first got back into fish keeping I got cheaper heaters and all failed within six months. I switched to Ehiems and two plus years no issues at all. Also look at inkbird controllers, they add another level of safety.

Reactions: FINWIN

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Sorry for your loss ?

Reactions: FINWIN

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Sorry for your loss

I would look into Ehiem Jagger heaters. When I first got back into fish keeping I got cheaper heaters and all failed within six months. I switched to Ehiems and two plus years no issues at all. Also look at inkbird controllers, they add another level of safety.

I put a spare jaeger in with the acara. Chill continues to improve and is moving his fins more. Checked on him an hour ago and he was resting ok. Just glad I didn't lose him too.

Reactions: MrsE88 and Jexnell

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Very positive news on Chill. No burns or cuts from the broken glass. He is now officially renamed Bolt after surviving electrical current. He looks great and ate pellets this morning. His new rainbow cichlid tankmate will be arriving on schedule.

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
New pics! Time to give my Chocolate BoBo some love...he's had a major growth spurt and is now somewhere between 7-8 inches, a real fatty! He was hiding the past few weeks in his 'cave' but would peep out at times. So finally I see him out and swimming. I couldn't believe how much he'd grown. Seems as though he would eat and then go hide...its all gone to his hips.

You'll see his crazy colors. He's feeling pretty in pink and purple here:

BoBo 3.jpg

BoBo 4.jpg

BoBo 5.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store