More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
How long has pothos been in the tank? I have always heard that if it's 100% submerged and no parts are emersed, it dies off after a while. It looks great in your tank though
Its been in there since november when I was cycling the tank...I'd say mid November. If you condition the Pothos there should be no problem. I actually have new branches and leaves that grew in the water. No mushy parts, no slimy stuff. I made a thread on how to do it called "Pothos in your tank, easy peasy." You basically put it in while cycling and add ammonia...it eats that until it can suck up fish waste. Worked with a lady who used to grow it in water by the window in huge pickle jars. Some of the roots are now 6 inches long. I'll try to get some close up pics of the root system. I just cut pieces of vines I had and tossed it in the tank and waited. The fish love 'peeping' and swimming through it. Sometimes they move it around in the current.

The only time you'll have decay or odor is if your water parameters are consistently poor OR you use medications over a long period of time that affects the plant. Pothos is tough though, hard to kill it off...I had it in a concentrated salt dip with a fish and only one leaf and stem turned bright yellow.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store