More tank pics, updated

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Got some of the NLS AlgaeMax and it appears to be a hit with my fish. The medium size pellets are for the parrots, chocolate and severum. I was lucky to get the last jar of the wafers on amazon (ebay had none). This is the first brand I can get them to consistently eat besides Hakari (they seem good with Aquatic Foods too).

My O Brick loves the wafers...he eats three mouthfuls at a time and crunches them like cookies. ❤

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Nice. The larger Oscars don't pick on the small one? What sizes are they? Do you have a bigger tank down the road for them all?

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Heh... :popcorn:

Sometimes you just let things play out. The other day I checked the main tank and noticed my Severum Chip seemed different. Normally he either hides, swims around some or looks for fights (that he loses). Hides because the Oscar will batter or lap him around the tank. Swims around looking for trouble and trying to be 'tough'. Even tried going head to head with the Oscar (over in 2 seconds). Gets in fights with BP Boss (and gets pimp slapped). Goes around trying to bully Bobo the Chocolate. Up until recently their tussles were mixed results, mostly Bobo fighting back defensively but sometimes scooting away.

I said earlier Chip was desperately trying to hold on to the # 3 spot in the tank heirarchy. I also considered how this would change as Bobo gained size. Welp, Bobo has gotten a bit bulkier recently and guess what? Chip's in trouble. I noticed the Severum was acting very subdued yesterday, almost mild. Minded his buisness and caused no problems. His lips seemed a bit rough. Cut scene to the Chocolate Bobo who was in Chip's 'space' with no issues. No chasing. I was like hmm....

So slowly Chip goes to start a fight this time, almost carefully. Usually he just runs at Bobo. But now Bobo is on the offensive. He 'opened wide' and caught the Severum on the snout between his eyes (he tilts his head when he does this). Chip immediately backed off quietly with no fuss. Something major happened the other night...Chip's territorial aggression has taken a major downturn. He might now be the #4 guy, it appears that way! The Chocolate is now sleeping uncontested in the Severum's area. It's definitely true what they say about Chocs....pretty peaceful but won't take any junk when hassled. (He still runs from the BP and Oscar, lol). But the others don't give him too much grief.

Will get pics if the opportunity presents itself. For a cichlid tank its amazingly calm when the Severum isn't being an @ss.

Last edited:
Reactions: ad88

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Some new pics.

Here's my BP Tango. His tank is in my office. He loves to watch tv, and will sit on the bottom staring at the screen. My most personable parrot, though lately he is more aggressive. Very inquisitive and curious about everything. For size reference the blue marble in the foreground is one inch. I put colorful objects in the tanks for my fish to play with, they love cracking the marbles around. There's also a hollow yellow ball I punched a hole in to fill it with water, and he likes bouncing that around over the sand. You can see the ball in the second and third pics.

Tango 1.jpg

Tango 2.jpg

Tango 3.jpg

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Boss, the Sumo Parrot. He watches everything, either out in the open or cozy in his grove. In the third pic he's grubbing for pellets.

Boss 3.jpg

Boss Chill.jpg

Boss 1.jpg

FINWIN

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Here's Bobo my Chocolate Cichlid, or should I say acid trip Cichlid. He's constantly changing colors every few minutes from bronze gold, then dull orange, then brown with dull turquoise/red patches, then almost black with red/purple blotches, or dark brown with a burgundy stripe on his nose. Then at night he goes tiger striped! Growing like a weed, too.

Bobo n Boss 2.jpg

Bobo n Boss.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store