Most aggressive piranha

kevbc03

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2008
Cleveland
i change my answer. my new red sanchezi is a 4 inch monster with a serious attitude

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
I say all piranhas are aggressive with a doubt. But the stereotypical image everyone has is shattered once you actually get one in your personal tank. Before getting my shoal of natts, my gf was like they are killers and scary a** fish but once I got them... Her image of them flipped 180degrees. They would run everytime my gf would sit on the couch to observe their behavior. My guess is that any piranha that is comfortable in it's tank and is above 7-8" is all aggressive. Individually=bdp shoal=red belly piranhas no doubt.

It really depends on the keeper. You want a shoal of AGGRESSIVE red belly piranhas or 1 AGGRESSIVE black piranha(kinda boring to me just having 1)? I choose the shoal. But I would not mind having a bdp aside from my shoal. Would be FCKING nice ! ^.^

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
aggressive and scary piranhas are ones that are hungry imo, not feeding mine for a week, they will rip into flesh no matter what.....

Warning feed before tank maintainence lol

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Any p that u can keep solo is an ambush hunter meaning no matter what it will kill ur existing fish, spilo, sanchezi and macs take awhile to grow, imo it would be better for you to buy a juvy and raise it, u can start with a small tank cuz they take awhile to grow. Juvy rhoms, sanchezi and spilos will all take some time to grow topping out at 7" or so beside the rhom which max is 12-15 in aquariums

This was meant for Andrews post oops

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

crazyfreak204

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Canada
I used to have thirteen rb and one black that was half the size of he red bellys in the same tank and the reds never went near the black piranha . They usualy avoided the black piranha at all costs even when it came to feeding time they would wait till the black was done .
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
I used to have thirteen rb and one black that was half the size of he red bellys in the same tank and the reds never went near the black piranha . They usualy avoided the black piranha at all costs even when it came to feeding time they would wait till the black was done .

Thats some abnormal shiet! How long were they together? Did you ever separate them in the end ? What happened?

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
Not a good idea mixing a ambush predator with a shoaling Piranha species. U may get lucky for awhile but we all know how it will end...

Go S. Vettel #1 rb8

crazyfreak204

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2011
Canada
Thats some abnormal shiet! How long were they together? Did you ever separate them in the end ? What happened?
This unfortunatly was when i was yunger and did not know any better but i got rid of the black after i did some research on both species.

West1

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2007
Twist to the Question....

Which is the most aggressive and active swimming solo species?

Not a P fan but my bro n law asked me n there are way way way to many of these threads with wide spread answers Lol.

Manitobamonster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 15, 2012
Manitoba, Canada
I have a Gold Diamond Rhom and a Elongated and hands down in my 2's case elongated all the way he will regularly take a run at me if trying to work on something in the tank. Or will attack you through the glass as you walk by lol. Not big but has serious attitude. Most aggressive though is the one on the floor they are really nasty lol

Sent from my XT910 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store