most beautiful bichir

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
That's exactly what I have experienced.:clap
My endli is the most active among my delhezis , senegalus, retro and ornate(wait do I own a ornate? oh yeh i think i saw him last week :) )

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
My endli is the most active among my delhezis , senegalus, retro and ornate(wait do I own a ornate? oh yeh i think i saw him last week :) )
what are retros???

XRAYZ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Tucson, AZ
what are retros???

old retros are now called a mokelembembe.
and old zgreens are now called retropinnis.
i still call my mokelembembe a retro... habit and easier to pronounce:)

first pic is a moke and second is retro.

RETRO1.jpg

ZGREEN1.jpg

Infblue

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
US
i think it depends on the individual, as well as the environment, but sometimes generalization can also have its merit. all of my endlis are quite lazy. only move when they go to the surface to breathe, find food or switch hiding places. my delhezis are more active, and my large ornates are also quite active....i think they tend to get bolder as they age.

is300zx

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
Bay Area CA.
My delhezis act just like your endlis Infblue. Sometimes I have to put my hand in the tank just to see if they'll move away and see if they're still alive lol. I don't have any endlis to compare to but I can say that my larger ornate is more active than any of the delhezis that I have at the moment.

rasdbo

420man
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2005
near purple indo lake
the best, beutiful, coolest bichirs are the ones i don't have yet!!!!!:WHOA:

1- palmas buetttikoferi: 11" monster in my tank, hides all day and gets grumpy
1- delhzi: 7-8" and growing about the best hunter in tank loves to swim
1- senegalese: 8-9" greedy:swear: the pig, lazy but looks cool
3- ornates: 7-9" "the three amigoes" will swim all day and are most active, looks like a pair has formed because they swim on one side and the third swims on the other, I HOPE SO"
1- rope fish: 10" skinny and young hides but will swim, hope it never becomes dinner

so there's my answer, 5 species and want to finish upper jaw first before going to the BIG BOYS:grinyes:

BIGUPS AND PEACE

dr01d

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2006
Jakarta
thx 4 the info guys....now at least i have a picture on what to get...maybe the ornate n the endis as fishes in my comm will grow quite big..... i have aro,baramundi, tiger dats, distichodus & flag tail...will get the ornate 1st next week...really nice colors....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store