Most expensive feeder

yourmylunch

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2005
FL
i never paid more than $10 for a fish except one bichir and he ate alot of $6-$7 fish over the years

joeytoe

Semper fidelis
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Canton, Massachusetts USA
vanimate said:
I woke up this morning to this.

and got me wondering what peoples most expensive feeder was.

The price we pay for keeping predators!
True we do pay a price for our lovely Predators, My Marble Cat has taken down 3 of my bala sharks since I added him to the tank.

mkpeters6

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2005
denver/syracuse
my tsn has eaten a few tankmates, none that were too expensive - but he did eat both of my blus gouramis that i had four about 4-5 yrs - i was growing him out, he was only about an inch or two longer then the gouramis which were full growni cant believe he got them down -- they werent expensive but the has sentimental value does that count (they were some of the first fish i bought when first getting into the hobby, and survived many disasterous beginnings )

ROSS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 15, 2005
connecticut
$30 tsn(5'') gone never hit the bottom my oscar(10'') inhaled it.. $25 clownknife(4'')mugged during the nite by my now dead reddevil (6.5'' at time died at 8''). $55 golden nugget pleco x3 all 3 were snuffed out during the nite by my overly aggresive oscar(10'') . :screwy:

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Gamefishin said:
Atleast the guy didn't choke to death, I've seen that many times. I've even seen Norther Pikes die on shore with a sunfish that was too big to swallow in his mouth when fishing :WHOA:

I wonder what goes through these fishes mind about food??? :screwy:
Yeah I was afraid that I was gonna come home to two dead fish. Its not like the dat is starving either, just decided to have some fun I guess. Funny thing is the distichodus was ina another tank with a dat twice his size and they were fine together.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Seems like theres alot of big cats listed.
Heres mine with a new not so expensive albino tinfoil.

jur1.jpg

Ornatapinnis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2005
Dayton Ohio
In the late 80's I bought what was called a "gulper" cat. It was either a wallago or a ompak, not sure which. It started eating fish much larger than I thought it could get down. When it ate a big common pleco I was impressed, then it ate a large clown loach, again impressive but enoughs enough. I put it in a 55 by itself. A freind of mine that owned a aquarium shop had another one that she gave me to get it out of her store. It was eating everything in sight. It was about 1/4" shorter than the one I allready had so I thought it would be ok to put them together. I was wrong!!! Next morning one had eatten the other and it had either a dorsil or pec fin "spine" sticking out of it's belly from the inside. I thought, great one ate and killed the other one and now it's going to die because of the spine sticking out of it's stomach. I got home that night, the spine was gone and it survived it. WOW!!!

Oscars are bad about eating and killing themselves doing it. I once put some tiny oscars in a tank with a bunch of ottocinclus. THe oscars died trying to eat the ottocinclus. Thier dorsil and pec spines got stuck in the oscars mouths. I've seen oscars do this with pleco's too.

Didn't some guy die trying to swallow a jack dempsy? It got stuck in his throat and he choked to death or something. Not kidding, I think I heard that on Bob & Tom one morning.

Joel

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
wow those are some expensive fish down the drain. Ive had Oscar eat Oscar. Cichlid eat's Cichlid, Bubmle bee cat ate out my tank everytime I had fish in it (small assorment of bolivian rams, gouramis, and plecos) untill I put Front's and Parrots and my one bolivan Ram.... he hasnt bothered them they are way to big. Of course my first fish as a beginer when I believed everything the guy told me.... my blue channel. I got him at around an inch put him in my 10gallon with 2 gouramis (4ish inches) a cori cat (1 inch) and 2 tiger barbs (3-4inches) and of course I wasnt aware of this so many fish to inches to gallon rule (I know I am a bad noob) so I thought okay. Well the blue channel got bigger and bigger and consumed all of my fish even the gouramis which were 5inches when he was maybe 3-4 inches. So I did some research on this little guy and then got him in to a 125 gallon where he grew to about 10 inches and died =( luckly he didnt eat any of the fish in that tank. Oh and my Lima ate a tigeranius that was smaller then him, along with a knife.

Isis_Nebthet

Candiru
MFK Member
May 14, 2005
IN
The things my marbled gobies have swallowed...
10$ electric blue
10$ peacock cichlid
7$ peacock cichlid
5$ marbled goby

They are in a tank with my Oscar now. I don't *think* they'll be a threat to him. He was starting to border on threatening to the smaller fish too and they're all too small to put in with the clowns and the JD (I've not tried any tank mates in that tank other than rosy reds lol).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store