Motoro Sting Ray Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngusJB

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2009
north east england
Whats the point in asking about, water qaulity and disease when the tank you are going to put it in will be just as bad for the ray as both of these?
If you failed at keeping gars and polys which are tough as boots there is not a chance in hell of keeping a ray alive. Do not get it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
Adding another filter will not help with ammonia, a ray will produce to much ammonia for the filters to deal with and end up poisoning itself, one thing to watch for is if the disk begins to curl which it probably will in that small of a tank, means that you successfully killed your ray. you keep saying you'll take care of a ray but that can not happen in that small of a tank.

Bootler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
Cleveland
aidenb;4300708;4300708 said:
Adding another filter will not help with ammonia, a ray will produce to much ammonia for the filters to deal with and end up poisoning itself, one thing to watch for is if the disk begins to curl which it probably will in that small of a tank, means that you successfully killed your ray. you keep saying you'll take care of a ray but that can not happen in that small of a tank.
fine. ill buy a 40 gal breeder. 18" wide is plenty for now.

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
its not the size of the ray thats the problem right now, its the immense volume of water that they need to dilute their waste.

Reactions: Damyen

Chaitika

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2007
Back in action!
aidenb;4300872; said:
its not the size of the ray thats the problem right now, its the immense volume of water that they need to dilute their waste.
Plus the fact that a new born pup is difficult to care for in the first place when you have no experience with stingrays.

Aside from that, there has been some very good feedback given in this thread and some really bad advice given as jokes or whatever was intended. The OP is not really listening to anyone's advice, so to those who can't hold their tongues, walk away. Don't set yourselves up to be infracted or banned.

To the OP, if you can't provide the proper environment for fish, why ask for feedback from people who are passionate about the hobby?

Bootler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
Cleveland
well im getting the ray. so ill keep tabs on it. ill take pics and we'll see how long it lives. u guys can make your wagers in this thread. i say mine will last 2 yrs.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
Bootler;4301256; said:
well im getting the ray. so ill keep tabs on it. ill take pics and we'll see how long it lives. u guys can make your wagers in this thread. i say mine will last 2 yrs.
i feel very bad for the ray u are getting. i have rays that are 18 inches at 2 yrs old.

u should keep him for a few months then sell him

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member
Cool it. I didn't close this thread just to give the OP more benefit of the doubt. You could have ignored the thread if you have nothing more positive to say other than constantly criticize him about it. Remember that there is no obligation for everyone to answer every thread they feel otherwise.

This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store