Status
Not open for further replies.

Bootler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
Cleveland
Anubisscott;4298718;4298718 said:
Let me guess, your Gar and Bicher lived to be a good 2yrs old and were happy right? The fact that you have asked for good information, been informed, and refuse to listen just shows you have gone from ignorant to just plain neglectful. At it's widest is a 35g would be around 12" wide, when a Ray will get over 18". How would you like to be shoved in a room to live that was 2'L x 2'W x 4'T room? I am sure we could hand feed you aswell, but that wouldn't mean you were happy. Also, Rays have a steady growth rate. Even a pup only 2 months old would be outgrowing your tank. If you can't properly house it, don't get it. And the tank would need to be atleast a 180g. Honestly I hope their illegal in your state. That would help you resist the urge.
they are not illegal cause the guy im getting it from lives less than 4 miles away. i will take care of my ray. the guy im buying it off of said that i will stunt his growth so he will only get up to 9". he said he wont be worth anything. i dont mind if hes only 9". i dont want to sell him. i just want a ray. so tell me what i will need to do to care for him.

aidenb

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
Canada
you realize stunting kills the fish right? and no, it will not stop growing at 9", it will either die from ammonia toxicity or outgrow the tank. you are aware that healthy motoro can have a disk of 30". You need a much bigger tank, to live in freshwater, rays produce insane amounts of waste, in a 35 even a small ray will produce so much waste it will poison itself, you keep saying you want the best for the ray, that means either a much bigger tank, 300 gallon plus or not buying the ray

Reactions: Guerrero

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
sounds like the guy you are getting it from just wants your money he is either lieing or just as slow as what your sounding like.

snow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
B.C.,Canada
Dude plz don't get this stingray....use some common sense. There are many other fish out there that will be great in a tank your size. If you want a cool monster fish get a rainbow snakehead or something that won't grow large. Stunting a fish in not right and it leads to a very horrible life. What kind of filtering do you even have? Do you have sand? Rays a very sensetive, trust me I've owned over 9 rays in the past year. I decided to get out of them b/c I couldn't keep up with the water changes what with school and all. PLZ PLZ PLZ dont get this ray, it will NOT stunt out at 9" maybe 18" if you are lucky, the guy that you are buying this ray from sounds like a quack and only wants your money.....just because he can breed rays doesn't mean that he knows lots about them you know.....

snakefin

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2010
Random Location.
Woah woah... Come'on, let's keep off the swear words and worthless insults.
Well, to the thread starter, the guy is probably trying to cheat your money, ancient fish have the general characteristic of growing through their lives, I think. So anyway, simply do not get the ray or you will find it wearing a tank helmet one day.

Anubisscott

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2009
Enid, OK
www.facebook.com
Bootler;4299161; said:
they are not illegal cause the guy im getting it from lives less than 4 miles away. i will take care of my ray. the guy im buying it off of said that i will stunt his growth so he will only get up to 9". he said he wont be worth anything. i dont mind if hes only 9". i dont want to sell him. i just want a ray. so tell me what i will need to do to care for him.
Doesn't mean they aren't, but seems Ohio is legal. He is lying to you to make the sale. If he honestly believes it and is willing to put these fish through this makes him more irrisponsible then you. The fact that the fish you kept before died in a month of owning them should be enough of a lesson. They weren't happy, water conditions were poor, and they died. You are supposed to do water changes, but if your having to do them everyday thats way too much and it gets rid of the helpful bacteria in the water of an established tank. Not to mention if they didn't have a slime coat most likely it was ammonia burn from the waste which stingrays are VERY susceptible to.

You keep asking what to tell you to keep him, we tell you, and you completely ignore us. "BUY A BIGGER TANK OR DO NOT BUY THE FISH", it's that simple. Also, by bigger we are talking like 200g+, not a 55g or something. Wait until you move to a bottom floor appartment/house. Thats the first step. Until you complete that it doesen't matter what we tell you, he is going to die in a 35g period. If you keep him in these conditions in that small of a tank this is going to be a pricey leason not only for the fish by costing it it's life, but you as you will be out of money.

Bootler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
Cleveland
what if i bought another filter so that i would have 2 running. that eliminates the waste. i bought a saber tooth barracuda off the guy but he asked if i wanted to trade cuda in for ray, i said yes. i'm getting some RBPs and putting them in a 29 gal so i'll be fine there. other than that, there are no other fish that i want.

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
Bootler;4300112; said:
i just want to know what to watch out for. what kind of diseases? wat kind of PH or temp? u guys have no lifes and are obsessed with fish keeping. u guys are know-it-alls. i know the tank is small but what else could i do?
Whats the point, its going to die soon enough.

Bootler

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
Cleveland
vamptrev;4300197;4300197 said:
i keep my newborns in a 150 gallon lol

a motoro will outgrow a 35 gal in a month.

keeping a ray in a 35 gal would be considered animal cruelity
well i'll keep him in there for a month or 2 and i'll put 2, 30 gal filters at each end of tank. so dont worry people. i'll take good care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store