motoro stingray not eating

jandr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
us
yeh frequent small water changes is good, im not sure that itself will make it eat. Like all said before just keep lights off make sure water stays good, hes prob just taking some time to adjust to the tank. I hope he comes around let me know
when you said keep the light off, should i keep it off even if i feed them and also how long should i keep them off for
thanks
i know it sound like stupid but i had not do this for my other ray and he eat the next day

Ray112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
New York
not stupid at all....I'd keep them off as long as possible I only would turn it on during water changes and shut it right back off. I've always noticed them stressing out from the light. And during feeding I would keep them off too especially since the light really doesn't do much for them. What are you feeding?

jandr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
us
ray still not eating
i try massivore pellet that i break into small pieces, i try blood worm, and she didn't even take a bite just stay away from it
should i try feeder, i know they are harmful, i lost one ray before that was kill by bacteria infection in feeder.
she is still active and often swim to the surface and stay there floating and swim well
i had her for more than a week, about 9 days and she didn't have a single intake of food
what should i do

Ray112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
New York
Im glad to hear shes swimming around but not glad to hear no food intake still....theres are all foods i would try if you havent tried yet ghost shrimp tend to be mortotr's favorite, blackworms, chopped nightcrawlers, chopped silversides, maybe some market shrimp, and possibly a small crayfish. Like you said you dont like the idea of feeders and neither do i but it is a choice i'd consider at this point because many days have passed. If you've tried the foods ive listed or already know you have no acess to them then yea i say go for it and give the feeders a try.

jandr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
us
thanks man, where in ny you live in
i live in nyc and is very hard or even impossible for me to get black worm and night crawler
i got her sand worm from a bait store, hope she accept it

Ray112

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
New York
no problem im actually in nyc as well..to be more specific im in queens which borough are you in i may be able to help you get some.

AlexLbk

Exodon
MFK Member
May 10, 2011
US
thanks man, where in ny you live in
i live in nyc and is very hard or even impossible for me to get black worm and night crawler
i got her sand worm from a bait store, hope she accept it
You can get black worms from the store on 38th street between 2nd and 3rd avenue - they always have them. Nightcrawlers are a bit more complex in NY, but I'd check bait shops in the boroughs close to the water. You can always ask for baby nightcrawlers and trout worms.
No newly imported ray is going to eat pellets IMHO, however at 6'' she should be able to take the whole worm without cutting. It will also be alive and kicking - they love that.

jandr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
us
You can get black worms from the store on 38th street between 2nd and 3rd avenue - they always have them. Nightcrawlers are a bit more complex in NY, but I'd check bait shops in the boroughs close to the water. You can always ask for baby nightcrawlers and trout worms.
No newly imported ray is going to eat pellets IMHO, however at 6'' she should be able to take the whole worm without cutting. It will also be alive and kicking - they love that.
is the location you mention in brooklyn
thanks man

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store