Moving a 20" Arowana ?

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
big bag is suggested like others say b.c they wont hurt themself as much as in nets

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
haha.. greenland is the cold one.. Iceland is fairly ok..

btw, I recommend the bag, it worked for my 2 footers.

Gshock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2009
Toronto
I found myself a handy device for temperature problems. While I was moving a couple years ago, to transport my rays and aros (rays at 12"disc ish and 2 almost 20" aros) to my new house, I was worried about the temp dropping too much as it was almost the end of fall and was getting really cold. So I bought this party sized cooler which had a cooler function and a heater function. The heater could be set to maintain 30 degrees celcius. I took the outlet plug and took it off, and with the help of an electrician friend, spliced on a car adapter plug (the one that goes in the cigarette lighter socket.) Moved 2 fish at a time in a bag which fit inside the cooler, the cooler was pretty big so we ended up having to call another friend over with a minivan. Might want to look into such a cooler.

Arowana1

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
California Motherlode Area
That sucks, all the preparation for nothing. From your photos of your 200 gallon a black Arowana would have looked neat.

BigJ

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2008
Ohio
Chaitika;3358491; said:
I use a doubled-up shipping bag to move my RTG. Dunk the shipping bag into the half-drained tank and semi-submerge with the mouth of the bag open wide. You can either try to guide the aro into the bag or what I do is use the bag to slowly capture the aro at one end of the tank.

He will not be pleased once he realizes he's been trapped so you'll want to make sure you move relatively quickly.

Try to remove a lot of the water from the double-bag before lifting out of the tank, otherwise you will have a hard time lifting it out. You can always add water to the bag once he is clear of the tank. I would place the double-bag in the container you refer to and move him that way. You will need him in the bag to land him in the new tank, so I wouldn't even bother taking him out of the bag. Seal the inner bag up and trap lots of air in it before you tie it off. Then tie off the outer bag. You'll be good to go. :)
That's great advice right there.

ausknife

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2007
sydney, australia
when i moved my jardini a month ago i caught him in a net and put him in a foam box he is about 20" when i put him in his new tank in my shop i noticed he has a rub sore on his lip from the net and the box. lesson learnt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store