moving fish

lemcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2005
what do you use to catch and move your large fish 10+ inches
and if have a trick to make the move easier on fish and owner please share

i just got through moving 4 large fish from tank to tank i used a net and as is always
the case i have water everywhere

islander671

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
i tried a small garbage bag before. once he is in the bag let out some water so bag is not too heavy. from there i placed bag into bucket for transportation. minimal water spill, mostly from putting the bag onto the bucket

oldfish

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 2, 2005
Beavercreek Ohio
I have large koi ann to move them from place to place we often just guide them with a net to a large plastic bag 15"X30". Then carry it sideways,some with two people.This works with fish up to about 26" Any good Koi dealer should have lots of strong bags.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
i move my snakehead with a fishiung net
fine mesh

tropicalfishguy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2005
Long Sault, Ont. Canada
Sometimes when I have to move a large fish I put the whole bucket in the tank(clean on the outside) and coax the fish intothe bucket with a net, if the tank is wide enought to get a bucket in

repair

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Indy
I have moved some of my larger fish by picking them up by hand. You would be surprized how often they will let you do it. It's like moving a large pleco. I don't recomend this if your not strong enough of it the fish has teeth. I also use a large koi net.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store