Moving Monster Tanks: Recipe for Disaster

Vincent Fu

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2008
Holladay, UT
Anything up to a 125 is not too difficult for one person to push and slide around. I got my 180 down into my basement with one other guy and it wasn't easy but it wasn't a big deal either.

elting44

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Salina, KS
Thanks guys! I guess if there is a will there is a way!

kendog1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
new york
a couple of people, beer and grilled steak will get pretty much any tank moved every time

ettfettbranamn

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2007
sweden
kendog1;2004521; said:
a couple of people, beer and grilled steak will get pretty much any tank moved every time

so if arapaimag says there will be beer and steak you are up for it? haha..

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
ettfettbranamn;2004709; said:
so if arapaimag says there will be beer and steak you are up for it? haha..
as long as I get to play with the excavator :D... I am in Ontario as well just in case ;)

kendog1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
new york
im thinkin thats for sure a completely different story, what arapaimag and john ptc both got goin on arent tanks, there in home resivoirs

BushFishRox

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2007
Mississauga, Ont Canada
kendog1;2004831; said:
im thinkin thats for sure a completely different story, what arapaimag and john ptc both got goin on arent tanks, there in home resivoirs
those would be pretty cool indoor pools, you get to swim with your fish... just dont pee in the pool :D

michaeljames

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2008
Toronto
exactly my dilemna, my 200gallon is set for this friday, I had planned for me my roommate and my girlfriend to go over and start tearing it down (its got fish, filter,stand everything right now up n running. but when I seen a 200G is over 350lbs+ I thought maybe it would be a good idea to get my brother to help and maybe rent some piano dolleys. I already had planned for a 2 wheeler. when I think of how many pounds of rock and set up are up and running in a 200Gallon, its kinda scary to think about whats waiting for me this friday! I wish there was an instruction manual on this kind of thing. I cant stop thinking what kind of fish are in it already...fools gold or gold dubloons! I mean what exactly would you fill your 200G with? probably not cheap fish

chesterthehero

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2008
corona, ca
instructions for moving tanks- dont life them by the bracing

big friends for big tanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store