I have some idea of what kinda pike he is, I'm just not SURE. :D

ok ok ok ....

Wait a second....

How the hell do I post a pic?

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Crenicicla geayi, verticle barring, no spots or white outlined horizontal bar, and no black terminus marking on tail, check Dr. Axelrod.
's Atlas

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
i do beleve you stole my fish you son a beach nah im kidding its a chren alta pike <comonly called gold spangled pike.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
i could be wrong cuz there is a couple difrences in the patterns but . I think im right anyone else got a idea

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
I think yours is Creicichla saxatilis, faded verticle barring but strong dark spot just behind operculum surround by white spotting, also small highlights on tips of dorsal fin. To make things even more confusing some have local variants and they can even hybridize and there are some that imported that don't fit any of the guides. About the only ones you can be sure of without dissection are C. wallacei, slender p.c., C. strigata, blackstripe p.c., and the C. lenticulata, spotfaced p.c. which has an arc of black on it's tail tip and black spots on it's face.

WckedMidas

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
BODYMORE MD
yes mine is in the sax group so should iheartfishs. But the technical name is that i found was chren alta pike cichlid. From vinny kuts site

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
The guide I have now is from 1995, this stuff changes all the time, I'm probably out of date. When I first got one it was just listed as Chren. spp.?, and I've never seen one quite like since, it was like a spottedface but had heavy sprinkle of white speckles running along the longitudinal line. that was in 1974.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store