mudskipper appropriate?

leuc11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2011
Pennslyvannia
hey I just recently built a paludarium that was gonna house dart frogs but I decided it be more appropriate for mudskippers.

The tank is a 29 and I plan to keep 6 of the indian mudskippers in it.

The water is 4 inches deep and takes up 75%of the tank

Theres a driftwood log in the water and allot of rocks, I plan on adding more driftwood soon.

the plants are java fern, java moss, riccia, and dwarf sagetarea or somthin like that.

The background is cork bark and a redart/bantonite mixture with peat moss. moss has just randomly started to grow on it :)

Plants are doing well and the system has dual t5 lighting a filter and a heater that keeps the tank at 80 degree's and humidity at 90%

Sorry for the cloudy water id a few arrangements today. I have also not added the salt

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
Wow... amazing. You should do a tutorial on this.

leuc11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2011
Pennslyvannia
haha thanks im doing a DIY video on a 20 high viv for darts similar to this only no water ill post it when its done, does it seem good for mudskippers?

Younglin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
34-24-36
I think it would be great for mudskippers. Maybe not 6 though.

Brewster320

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2010
Mass, USA
You have to be slow when adding the salt. The sudden change could kill all the plants. And I know java fern and moss can survive and thrive in brackish conditions but I'm not sure about the others.

leuc11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2011
Pennslyvannia
Brewster320;5074127; said:
You have to be slow when adding the salt. The sudden change could kill all the plants. And I know java fern and moss can survive and thrive in brackish conditions but I'm not sure about the others.
Thanks Im ok if the others die ill just get more java moss and fern and yes ill add the salt slowly thanks for your help guys. and I only said six because that was just a rough guess im only gonna get 2 or 3

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store