Multiple bulges on stomach after eating?

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
Is this normal or a sign of overfeeding? It disappears after they poo a day later or so. I'm not sure if the "stomach bulge" while feeding is an overall swelling of the body that already happened before the multiple bulges happen?

BichirMohawk

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2016
Food bulges are pretty normal, especially if you are dealing with a new skinny poly. Over feeding is more of a beer gut, lol
I kind of like them slightly bigger in the middle but not too much...It kinda bugs me when I see them straight as a pole from front to end.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I kind of like them slightly bigger in the middle but not too much...It kinda bugs me when I see them straight as a pole from front to end.
My fish have been called 'fat' but it is just an even thickness throughout. The teugelsi I have is captive born and eats too much and gets a beer gut. Otherwisethe little bulges are normal

Reactions: BichirMohawk

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
My fish have been called 'fat' but it is just an even thickness throughout. The teugelsi I have is captive born and eats too much and gets a beer gut. Otherwisethe little bulges are normal
Its fat bro, looks like a sausage,lolz
Joke, but its really fat:)

FishNCash

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Earth
I have wondered about the stomach bulge as well but it was never an issue so I never bother asking. Becareful over feeding since it can cause bloat. Some bichirs are stupid enough to eat way too much.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Some bichirs are stupid enough to eat way too much.
Yep, I dont know why but I have noticed this to be the case a lot more with captive born polys. Not that the wild caughts wont eat a lot but its almost as if the cb just dont have the thing to tell them they are full.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store