Multiple fish death's but unknown cause

Crash607

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2006
Downers Grove,IL
Hey all,
currently I am having big problems in my 90 gallon tank. It all started when I noticed one of my apistogramma's with pop-eye. The next day two apisto's were dead and I noticed one of my cory cats had a weird look too it, almost like it's insides were shrinking, it's eyes were sunkin back in is skeleton and it's skeleton was showing definition through it's skin, it's skin also seemed to be flaking or crusty around its face. After this I put in a normal dose of marycyn to try and get rid of the problem. The next day was even worse, I found two cory's dead and my big pigeon blood discus was acting very weird, not eating, in the back with his fins all laid back. Finally today when I came to check on my tank my large pidgeon blood was dead, in perfect condition, and one cory was dead as well. The strange thing is that all the while this was going on, My other pigeon blood acted like nothing ever happened and was eating normally and acting normally, along with my angelfish, and tetras and some other small stuff, I have about half the cory's I used to have though, and they are weitzmani's so I would really like to try and solve this before it gets anymore out of hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

-Tyler

arowana man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
my only guess would be a chemacal got in you tank via your hands? it happened to me . i lost fish left to right

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store