Multiple Large Tanks

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
What's the coolest fish to have in a large tank by itself?
That is based on preference and almost impossible to answer. I would say the following are up there:
- Large black piranha (15in or bigger)
- Large aimara wolf fish but this can potentially have tank mates
- Fahaka puffer
- Aba aba knifefish are really cool

I believe there are a number of cichlids that are high on the list but the above are the ones I have scene or care about.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
What's the coolest fish to have in a large tank by itself?
That is based on preference and almost impossible to answer. I would say the following are up there:
- Large black piranha (15in or bigger)
- Large aimara wolf fish but this can potentially have tank mates
- Fahaka puffer
- Aba aba knifefish are really cool

I believe there are a number of cichlids that are high on the list but the above are the ones I have scene or care about.

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
1st tank- 180 gallons for for oscars, the swimming space is enough but more water volume would be ideal

2nd tank-7’ x 4’ or 6’ x 5’, height I would say 2’ but it’s up to you, this will provide a good surface area and water volume so you don’t have overstocking. If you had less rays you could have a smaller footprint

3rd tank-180 gallon to 210 gallon, red bellies get big and I would say 20 gallons per piranha but minimum for one would be a 75 gallon tank. I would do 6-8 red bellies in a 180 so you aren’t overstocking to much

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
1st tank- 180 gallons for for oscars, the swimming space is enough but more water volume would be ideal

2nd tank-7’ x 4’ or 6’ x 5’, height I would say 2’ but it’s up to you, this will provide a good surface area and water volume so you don’t have overstocking. If you had less rays you could have a smaller footprint

3rd tank-180 gallon to 210 gallon, red bellies get big and I would say 20 gallons per piranha but minimum for one would be a 75 gallon tank. I would do 6-8 red bellies in a 180 so you aren’t overstocking to much

4th tank-7’ x 3’ for an electric eel, they can get to 6-8’ in the wild but 3-4’ is more realistic for captivity

Thatoscarguy

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 21, 2017
If I had to keep a fish alone I would keep a wolf fish bit it is all up to you

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store