my 125 gallon tank...well...

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
Here is my 125 tell me what ya think. Should I add or change anything? I have had it set up for 3 years. I was thinking of changing to sand, either black or brown any suggestions? I am ready for a 300 gallon soon. I have a grower tank that has a 3" tsn and a 7"lima shovelnose.

Well I am new to this site and love it you guys know your stuff about MONSTER FISH...:headbang2

Oh yea......I am having serious trouble getting this i.d. shark to eat. I have had him 10 days and he hasn't eaten yet. Should I force feed? I don't know what else to do with him. They aren't bullying him. At least I haven't seen them do it. Any suggestions?

IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

fishnutham

Needs More Room!
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Brantford,Ont,canada
Personally i hate colored decor i only do all natural tanks..

what im concerned about is your id shark usually when fish have sunken belly that bad they haven't got much longer.
This is caused by internal parasites in general but there are a few other diseases that will cause this , you should have quarantined him because its possible your other fish may be infected.
I would remove him and place in a separate tank you could try meds and force feeding also extra aeration and keep the tank a bit warmer.
pay close attention to your other fish to see if they develope any signs of disease.

JCA

Candiru
MFK Member
May 12, 2006
Washington, US
hey bro, i like the JD! and thats goofy how the fire eel just sits in that log with his head out lol

Jen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
Nebraska, USA
Nice setup I would defintely change substrate. Awesome fish sorry I know nothing about your shark hope someone else can help.

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
Thanks... After looking at MFK I hate colored decor...lol I am changing this weekend to 3m sand..brown and getting drift wood. Does drift wood need to be cleaned or something?? My fire is is the most awesome fish I have ever owned. With all of these pissed off fish around him he manages to stay safe.lol

Can anybody tell the sex of my fish?? I do not know if my Jack and my Texas Cichlid is a Male or female.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
100GAL;688549; said:
Thanks... After looking at MFK I hate colored decor...lol I am changing this weekend to 3m sand..brown and getting drift wood. Does drift wood need to be cleaned or something?? My fire is is the most awesome fish I have ever owned. With all of these pissed off fish around him he manages to stay safe.lol

Can anybody tell the sex of my fish?? I do not know if my Jack and my Texas Cichlid is a Male or female.
Black or natural sand would look a lot better than that gravel. You might want to soak the Driftwood for a few days and change out the water while soaking it. Driftwood will release some tannins into the water. It's not bad for the fish, but it gives off this redish-brown color. I personally kinda like it, but if you want perfectly clear water, soak the Driftwood.

The Amazonian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
fishnutham;688492; said:
Personally i hate colored decor i only do all natural tanks..

what im concerned about is your id shark usually when fish have sunken belly that bad they haven't got much longer.
This is caused by internal parasites in general but there are a few other diseases that will cause this , you should have quarantined him because its possible your other fish may be infected.
I would remove him and place in a separate tank you could try meds and force feeding also extra aeration and keep the tank a bit warmer.
pay close attention to your other fish to see if they develope any signs of disease.
Add some Garlic Puree it will weaken and eventually kill any parasites...

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
So far no disease in any of my other fish. But this i.d. has not eaten yet. I do not know if I should attempt to force feed. What meds should i use? I am going to get what i need and force feed tomorrow. We will see what happens....I don't want to loose this fish he is awesome.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store