Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Awesome... really sweet setup!

doyboy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2010
essex uk
Cracking build bones, I did pretty much same build as you last year mines 18x9. thats a real good idea for the bin in the ground, I didnt run a drip system into my fish house as I didn't have a drain close for the overflow but that's a good idea to have it draining into the bin and pump out. I no what you mean about natural light, I ended up putting sum double glazed patio doors in, how u finding keeping the temps up in the tanks ? Once again great build :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

fish042099

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2011
Northern N.J.
Must have taken so much work but it totally payed off! Sweet!

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Fantastic!!!

16' of tank front is epic, the rays look great on the tiles too.

bonesb66

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2010
Birmingham
Thanks for the comments guys!

The armatus are around 13/14 inch now, personally i find they mix with the other fish ok - a little bit of fighting amongst each other but no aggression like you get from a wolf fish.

I'm not moving the larger cichla in here - they have a 10 x 4 so slightly larger foot print and to be honest every time you take them out water at that size you run a big risk with stress so i really try not to bother fish unless necessary - i have the Kelberi and Azul in here to get them away from the big temensis as they get quite nasty towards them and i'll grow any cichla up in the future in the shed.

I'm doing good with temps - to be honest they're always higher than you'd prefer - i think i've finally got it spot on in there now the tanks are 27C and the room is 24C, i have a heater for the room when the colder months come but in these warmer months you're definitely trying to cool things down not warm it up - at the height of summer before we had the extractor and we run the heater because we didn't know where we were with things the tanks were 31C and the room was 33C.

decoy50

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2012
VA
Great build! I've got a shed I'd like to convert, but its just walls and roof right now. Can I borrow your grandad for a couple months? haha

Reactions: Jez1992
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store