My 23" tire track eel.

kido

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2005
nice :thumbsup:

i've got a fire eel that's about the same size and they are really great fish with personality :)

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Wow looks good.

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
I've had the eel for two years. It will eat frozen krill, bloodworms, earthworms, frozen bryne shrimp. It will not eat live fish. It doesn't bury itself thankfully. It's about as fat as a large florescent light bulb. It is very swift at grabbing the earthworms. That's how I got the picture. It will dart out of the cave snatch a worm and return to it's cave in a split second. I got lucky with this picture I made it have to reach for the worm.

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
wow that is one nice eel how long u had him and what size was he when u got him

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
somthinsfishy said:
I've had the eel for two years. It will eat frozen krill, bloodworms, earthworms, frozen bryne shrimp. It will not eat live fish. It doesn't bury itself thankfully. It's about as fat as a large florescent light bulb. It is very swift at grabbing the earthworms. That's how I got the picture. It will dart out of the cave snatch a worm and return to it's cave in a split second. I got lucky with this picture I made it have to reach for the worm.
do you not have fine substrate, or does it just prefer the cave dwelling?

Great eel dude, how personable is it, i always found them to be quite inter-active

michael

Tri-State Fish Hoarder
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2005
Dirty Jersey
but it used to nip off my aros fins so it had to go!

somthinsfishy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2005
ogden, ut, us
It prefers to cave dwell. As it is way to big to try to burrow. It is shy and pokes it's head most of the time checking things out. Not agressive twards other fish at all. Has been known to snatch a worm out of my clown knives mouth. I could probably hand feed it, but it's to big of a hassel to take the plexi top off of my canopy. So I don't try. My spotted eel however it's about 10" and it is always out and about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store