my 625 gallon DIY plywood aquarium build

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
I am definately reinforcing the floor. Yes it is a crawl space in which I have multiple extra floor jacks to support the weight of my 220 gal and other tanks but I am working on installing some steel beams I have for a more permanent solution to the added estimated 6,000 lb weight problem. My girlfriend jokes and says the only reason she let me do this project was because she hoped the floor would collapse and I would have to build a new house! The stand is 2x12's and 2x8's drilled and bolted. I wish I had used 2x6's so I have a larger opening to the space below for fiters, ETC. Thanks for all the subscriptions so far. I'm really excited about this project.

TheSinisterSOB

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2011
A little place called C At Hell
I am definately reinforcing the floor. Yes it is a crawl space in which I have multiple extra floor jacks to support the weight of my 220 gal and other tanks but I am working on installing some steel beams I have for a more permanent solution to the added estimated 6,000 lb weight problem. My girlfriend jokes and says the only reason she let me do this project was because she hoped the floor would collapse and I would have to build a new house! The stand is 2x12's and 2x8's drilled and bolted. I wish I had used 2x6's so I have a larger opening to the space below for fiters, ETC. Thanks for all the subscriptions so far. I'm really excited about this project.
With steel beams for support it should hold just fine, although you could cut the floor out and just start from the ground! It'd give you extra height! ;)

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
With steel beams for support it should hold just fine, although you could cut the floor out and just start from the ground! It'd give you extra height! ;)
hahaha..don't give me ideas like that! My girlfriend would die!

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
This is how I got the steel frame on the stand BY MYSELF:IMG_0743.JPGIMG_0744.JPGIMG_0745.JPGIMG_0746.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0745.JPG

IMG_0746.JPG

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
I made the frame a little bit too small. the sides where supposed to sit on the out side of the 4 ft by 8 ft floor but I had to notch the bottom of the plywood sides a little bit for them to fit in the frame.

Thelatinofishlover

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2012
Mexico City
Subscribed! cant wait to see this bad boy up n runin

JonY3k

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2013
Ohio Wooster
I think the next step will be to work on gluing the pond liner to the glass. IMG_0748.JPG

IMG_0748.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store