My 650g plywood tank also Wetsuit

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Cracking job, that corner is going to be something else.

Good luck with the rest of the project.

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
PRC;4718594; said:
great looking build..I assume you're seeming 2 pieces of glass or acrylic at the corner? Really opens up the look of it..I like it.
Thanks. Yes the two pieces of glass would butt up against each other with silicone in between. I got the idea from a previous build here.

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
I like the 2 windowed corner. I kind of wish I had done that with mine but it's location doesn't lend well to it so it's just a front view for me.

Amazing build.

pengu13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2010
canada
This is looking good
hope it holds thats a lot of water with no external bracing. i would also make sure those wrinkles are not air bubbles because you would not want those to pop under pressure when full .

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
pengu13;4719276; said:
This is looking good
hope it holds thats a lot of water with no external bracing. i would also make sure those wrinkles are not air bubbles because you would not want those to pop under pressure when full .
Yeah, that also went through my mind as I was designing it. I figured if you can get by with 1/2" of glass in a 30" deep tank surely 3/4" plywood with 3 layers of fiberglass should be equivalent if not stronger. I guess we'll see in a few months when I add water. :naughty::popcorn:

As far as air bubbles even if it does pop the wood is totally coated with epoxy so it should already be waterproof. The Wetsuit is just another layer of insurance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store