My 650g plywood tank also Wetsuit

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
I may built my plywood very soon because my fish growing out in a year. Thanks for all your experience.
No problem. That's what this forum is for. I learned a lot from here before my build.

Just one suggestion. Try to finish your tank sooner than when your fish outgrow their tank. You will need time to debug any issues before putting them in there.

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
My water bill is only about 400 every 3 months for my 3 big tanks. My elec is about 450 per month on average

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
Sashimi. What kind of silicone that you use to glue the glass on?
Thanks

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
Sashimi. What kind of silicone that you use to glue the glass on?
Thanks
Initially i tried the GE silicone I from Home Depot. But it didn't hold up well and also developed some mold. I decided to go the expensive route and used aquarium grade and it held up perfectly. Never had an issue and bonded really well.

JohnTr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2015
Hi sashimimaster sashimimaster i have a question for you. where did you buy the lucky bamboo. I decide to use lucky bamboo for reduced nitrate. Thank you.

sashimimaster

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2010
MI
Hi sashimimaster sashimimaster i have a question for you. where did you buy the lucky bamboo. I decide to use lucky bamboo for reduced nitrate. Thank you.
I just bought a bunch off of ebay. I would say stay away from bamboo. They didn't grow well for me and rotted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store