my 75 gallon thread. (barbs?)

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
Hi all. I think I want some barbs. They seem really interesting and show unique behavior. Plus I have a soft spot for cyprinids, as I think they are a very diverse family of fish, and very badly treated.

My tank is a 75 gallon like I stated before. Right now It houses some Tanganyikan, as we got the tank from a breeder exciting the hobby, and that was what he bred.

I am selling those, as they do not interest me much.

As I said before, I want some barbs. One species that interested me specifically was Barbodes lateristriga or the T barb. Has anyone kept them before? I was thinking of doing a blackwater dank with a snakeskin gourami and a trio.

What do you guys think about this? The wet spot has them in stock now, and i really hope they don't run out until I get my tank setup.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll inherit the mantle of barb king from esoxlucius esoxlucius .

Reactions: 0wen_96 and Deadeye

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Hi all. I think I want some barbs. They seem really interesting and show unique behavior. Plus I have a soft spot for cyprinids, as I think they are a very diverse family of fish, and very badly treated.

My tank is a 75 gallon like I stated before. Right now It houses some Tanganyikan, as we got the tank from a breeder exciting the hobby, and that was what he bred.

I am selling those, as they do not interest me much.

As I said before, I want some barbs. One species that interested me specifically was Barbodes lateristriga or the T barb. Has anyone kept them before? I was thinking of doing a blackwater dank with a snakeskin gourami and a trio.

What do you guys think about this? The wet spot has them in stock now, and i really hope they don't run out until I get my tank setup.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll inherit the mantle of barb king from esoxlucius esoxlucius .
"Barb king?" LOL. I might keep a few but i'm certainly not an authority on them. It's not as if i'm breeding them or keeping extremely rare species or anything.

Thanks for the compliment though, your cheque's in the post!!! Lol.

GiantFishKeeper101

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2017
I've never kept T Barb before but my friends does. They're native fish to my country. They can get aggressive with other fish, especially with other barbs species

Reactions: KATALEKEEPER

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
mayberea
They do, but they need a large aquarium because of their aggression and the need for a large group. Exodons would be better.
i didn't find anything about them being aggressive. Can I have the source cause it seems its better then whatever I'm reading lol.

KATALEKEEPER

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2020
Brooklyn, Ny
oh cool! Apparently, you can keep them alone? It says they tend to be more solitary then other barbs

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
I just know that they are aggressive. A group of exodons are great, they are like minny pirahna's

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store