My almost finished pond

ShadowBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 13, 2007
Poplar Bluff, MO
Looks good :).

Don't worry about the sunfish. Most of them don't look like much from the top anyway. Mollies and goldfish are much more viewable.

mattgreene

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2011
Thanks, now that I have the bog filter running again and since the lily, mosaic plant, and my floating planter are all out-doing the algae I am not having a problem anymore but if that changes for some reason I will definitely look into that as a solution.

mattgreene

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2011
Here are some pictures of some of the plants I added. The weird pink flower is the main plant in the floating planter (I think it is called a bog lily), the jelly bean looking plant next to the coral looking one are both cacti that I got from Home Depot to experiment with in the bog filter and considering how well they have done these past few weeks I think they are here to stay, the dwarf papyrus has grown at least 6 inches in height and has grown in more thick since the waterfall was fixed, and then obviously the lily I bought.

uploadfromtaptalk1349937085372.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1349937141179.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1349937175022.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1349937195526.jpg

mattgreene

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2011
I will try and get pictures or a video or both of the fish tomorrow since they have grown quite a bit since the last video. I also got a dojo loach that was looking a little sickly at the store but has grown crazy fast and is looking a lot more healthy now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store