My Amatitlania Nanolutea and friends journal

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Looks like this tank is going well and looking great. Now they are spawning it would be cool to figure out a way to ship some fry to me without us both getting arrested and fined $50 K each!
Just joking obviously, congrats on getting them to breed.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Now that the fry are out grazing pops is on high alert and is relentlessly chasing everything from his half of the tank. Think I will rehome the 4 extras and give the tank to this pair. The other get no reprieve to rest, can't try and form another pair when they are running scared all the time.

Reactions: DMD123

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
I am pretty sure we all at one point in time snuck up on your fish tank to see what they are doing when you are not about. Cause we all know as soon as they see us they think it's feeding time.
Well I did that tonight and found out the culprit behind the dwindling Nanolutae fry.
20200711_203522.jpg
Yup the PTC is a true badass. He darts in chomps one or two down, then gone like in a flash. One of the parents always follows the darting PTC. At this point he flips a 180 and attacks the parent .... wish I had my phone with me to record those shenanigans.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store