My Amphilophus Sagittae journal

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Double bad news.
The eggs went bad, got this wierd white mold, so I disposed of them. In hindsight I should have let the fish do it. I think it pissed the male off and he took it out on the female. This morning I found her dead.

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Double bad news.
The eggs went bad, got this wierd white mold, so I disposed of them. In hindsight I should have let the fish do it. I think it pissed the male off and he took it out on the female. This morning I found her dead.
Oh no:( So sorry to hear that.

Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Well it looks like the small female and creamsickle male I put in the 46bowfront may try thier luck at spawning. The female has a nice fat belly and her egg tube down. She is also flirting big time with the male. Time will tell.

Serpentine

Piranha
MFK Member
May 17, 2018
Double bad news.
Dang, I hate that. Sure do wish they wouldn't take out their aggressions on their mates. It may be in their nature and there's only so much you can do about it but it just isn't fair. :(

Reactions: Matteus and Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Out of curiosity I put the female from the 46 back in with Casper. And boy are they flirting big time. So I may get to breed Casper after all.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store