My basement tank space (not quite a fish room)

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I wanted to show you recent progress/changes to my basement setup (in progress). Four (4) tanks for now. Two (2) more tanks (both 75g) upstairs on the 1st floor. General depiction of the basement setup (not shown, laundry area utility sink, boiler and lots of storage areas) -

Left top panel - From left, clockwise,
1) 2 60gal drums for short term water storage/preparation;
2) 6' 125g planted community featuring 3x Hemiodus, 1x Flag tail Prochilodus, 5x Congo tetras, 12x Lemon tetras, and 1x long-nose Angelfish;
3) 6' 110g acrylic, a new freebie, for now only circulating water and sinking wood, will be planted to receive my x8 silver dollars and a couple additional friends;
4) 3' 40g breeder - this is my quarantine tank, currently 'cleaning' x12 Columbian tetras, x9 black phantom tetras, x3 cories, and x8 otos. These will be added to various tanks, eventually
5) 44g pentagonal - Another freebie. Just resealed it, waiting to cure fully, test and setup. Will serve first as a second quarantine tank, then become a tank of its own, undecided types.

Bottom left panel -
Hand tool area (left), and under stair music center and cd's (right)

Right panel - Part of my historic brick collection, another hobby. These are just some of the 'types' (best specimens of each type of brick), spares and duplicates outside throughout the garden. If anybody collects bricks and is interested in trading, I am game.

Cheers!

Basement 10Sept2021 comp.jpg

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Yup, bricks with writings on them. I have from a number of US states, and a couple from the UK. Would love to have from other countries. Some are very old!

Reactions: Rtc/tsn

FJB

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Thanks!
Planted silver dollar tanks are possible, just have to use the right plants, train the silvers, feed them well, and stick with it. Actually, I don't really know what s it that one has to do, but this is one of my two current planted 75g with SD's.
This tank has been set up for 4 years, but the fish want to be moved to a 6 foot tank.

IMG_6006.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store