My Best SRD

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Hey everyone. This is a picture of my best SRD. The head isn't really big but the pearls on the head go all the way across from side to side. He's about 5 inches now. What do you guys and gals think? Any comments and/or advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Ed.20151011_165532.jpg

20151011_165516.jpg

Reactions: AlphaTintu

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
Thanks. This is a very expensive hobby of mine!!!

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Thanks. This is a very expensive hobby of mine!!!
Yeah trust me I know. I'm coming from dropping hundreds to thousands on certain fish. Since my family is growing I just do flowerhorns mainly now. They're not that expensive and people always ask me why they're head has a tumor lol

Reactions: Dr_Shakalu

AlphaTintu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
HI Ed, He is stunning looking fish.. I would say - He is the Masterpiece!

Looking at colors, pearls, nice thick and bulky body, the STRAIGHT flowerline and proportion head, what does a Man want else!

Keep us updated as he grows!

So, any advise on feeding and tank setup, if you wish to write further.. Mine has all good genes but started the Hikari Gold, Freeze dried Baby shrimp - Tetra, Bloodworms, Krill.. Temp is 86F and pH 8.2 (bit high though!).. You can see him at my profile picture...

I would like your thread for sure...

Dr_Shakalu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
San Francisco
did you start him off as a fry?

I actually got him when he was around 3 inches. Cost me about $10 from a coworker. I bought him lunch, he gave me a fish! This is when I first got him on July 25th, 2015.20150522_192905.jpg

Reactions: AlphaTintu

fisheatfish

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
OC, CA
Very nice! Only flaw I see is its lower lip protruding out further than its upper lip...which is very common in these guys. Just me tho.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store