My Big Blue Log

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
That a beautiful animal you have there, be proud.
Thank you :). This guy is my first Tig and I am definitely happy with the way he's grown. I was a little afraid of the rays taking out his streamers but they seem to ignore it.

Reactions: BIG-G

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Wow, cuteness overload.

I can't get enough of your spotted gars in the OP... so good looking.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
The tig stopped eating for like 3 weeks and I wasn't sure why, I moved the lung out to the other tank thinking maybe the AUL was bothering him (he was, ate about an inch of my tig's bottom streamer lol). But the tig didn't start eating even after that for like a week and then started eating again after sometime. I realized recently as to why:
ezgif.com-optimize (1).gif

The only fish in my stock capable of such doing such damage is my ray... I'm glad that the tig pulled through and is eating like a champ again. I'll have to considering separating these two soon.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Wow close call! Is that from a stingray's barb? Do you not debarb it/them?

Anyhow, one of the reasons I am not into stingrays.

Reactions: Fishman Dave

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Wow close call! Is that from a stingray's barb? Do you not debarb it/them?

Anyhow, one of the reasons I am not into stingrays.
Yeah it was a close call indeed! I am fairly certain that it was from the ray, don't know how else the tig would have such an injury. And no I don't debarb her... I should either start doing that or keep them both separately. Rays are fun, I feel like they interact with you more than other monster fish. You have plenty of tanks :D you can definitely keep a couple rays by themselves!

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store