DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0018.JPG

DSC_0025.JPG

RealCrix220

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2017
I like it,
I'm trying my best to get mine to breed. I think I'm getting close but it's not happened yet

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com

Reactions: detto

supafly

Gambusia
Mar 17, 2015
Alberta
Great looking fish Cyberman.

Many years ago I had 3 pairs spawning in their separate tanks and also used dividers regularly to prevent death. One thing I never did do was to keep multiple pairs in one tank. Always wanted to but never had the right setup.

I currently have 300g with 4 medium sized Bocourti, 4 adolescent red tail Giant gouramis and a pair of adult synspilum. Open scape with just a few boulders. I want to add some female Festae. 4-5 is what I have in mind.

A local fish store here has at least a dozen females around 5”-7”, all fired up. Some are housed solo, but, there is one tank with 7 females and one male. Tank is only 75g with one cave structure which the male occupies. He’s about 7” and the 7 females are 1”-2” smaller. All are in breeding dress, all the time. Not one fish has torn fin. Observing them for about an hour all I see is flaring and body wagging. There seems to be a hierarchy and every fish knows it place. The owner grew all his Festae from fry and have kept them together in confine spaces for all their lives. I was blown away by the color and body shape, just Cyberman’s fish. Got me thinking, always wanted a tank of female festae, here is my chance.

I took home two females and added to my 300g and they’ve been doing well for two months. The vibrant colors slowly faded after about two weeks and now they flash at each other periodically, color is much subdued. I am going back today to pick up 2-3 more females to add to the 300g in hopes of replicating a similar scenario at that fish store. I won’t add a male just yet, if I can get away with a serority of Festae all fired up then I ‘ll just keep it as that. Really excited about this experiment.

supafly

Gambusia
Mar 17, 2015
Alberta
Existing female flexing her muscles to the two new females, a bit fin damage but nothing serious. The hierarchy is being set and thing are staring to calm down.

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0067.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store