My Captive Bred PBB and other bichirs

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Update:
All of them are doing great, their appetite has increased a lot and everyone except my congi eat pellets eagerly. I'm not in a hurry to train the congi to accept pellets but I am confident that he'll start eating them soon. I see him lookin / sniffing the pellets.
The Moke (around 16") and the congi (around 12"):
View attachment 1360307
This guy is still dark as night :)
View attachment 1360308
The lap's appetite has increased tremendously! I remember when I got this guy he used to eat once a week but now he's always hungry:
View attachment 1360309
My green PBB:
View attachment 1360310
The spoonhead PBB, this guy has trouble scooping food off the ground without lifting up his rear end due to his unique head shape lol but still eats like there's no tomorrow :)
View attachment 1360311
And finally here's the semi short body endli... When I got this guy he looked normal but over the past year he's only been growing vertically and not horizontally lol:
View attachment 1360312
Very nice! I think you mean teugelsi not moke?

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Update:
All of them are doing great, their appetite has increased a lot and everyone except my congi eat pellets eagerly. I'm not in a hurry to train the congi to accept pellets but I am confident that he'll start eating them soon. I see him lookin / sniffing the pellets.
The Moke (around 16") and the congi (around 12"):
View attachment 1360307
This guy is still dark as night :)
View attachment 1360308
The lap's appetite has increased tremendously! I remember when I got this guy he used to eat once a week but now he's always hungry:
View attachment 1360309
My green PBB:
View attachment 1360310
The spoonhead PBB, this guy has trouble scooping food off the ground without lifting up his rear end due to his unique head shape lol but still eats like there's no tomorrow :)
View attachment 1360311
And finally here's the semi short body endli... When I got this guy he looked normal but over the past year he's only been growing vertically and not horizontally lol:
View attachment 1360312

Appreciate the update. Teug and Congi are sexy asses ! Btw. Are u the ones with dats ?

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Appreciate the update. Teug and Congi are sexy asses ! Btw. Are u the ones with dats ?
I had a 15” monster ngt. But sold him off recently because I couldn’t keep him with any other fish. He killed everything lol. The guy who got the ngt from me has put the psycho in a 300 gallon planted tank with no other tank mates . And he’s happy.
I just have a small NTT now that I’m growing out.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
I had a 15” monster ngt. But sold him off recently because I couldn’t keep him with any other fish. He killed everything lol. The guy who got the ngt from me has put the psycho in a 300 gallon planted tank with no other tank mates . And he’s happy.
I just have a small NTT now that I’m growing out.

Do u have any pics or thread of the big NGT? I just grabbed a 13”. I’ve had several before but smaller sizes.

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
Update:
All of them are doing great :). I was out of town for a week and they were happy to be fed as soon as I got back.
Green CB PBB:
IMG_2359.JPG

Spoon head Dark green CB PBB hitching a ride:
IMG_8643.JPG

Olive Green CB PBB:
IMG_3232.JPG

The Semi SB Endli:
IMG_4226.JPG

Group Shot with the Congi, Lap and the Tig:
IMG_1357.JPG

Congi mugshot:
IMG_2061.JPG

Tarpon photobomb:
IMG_7275.JPG

sunnysjourney

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2014
US
I feed these guys massivores on on day and tilapia the next and for some reason all of them except the teug are growing slower than what I learned from the other growth threads... I know they'll get to be monsters one day but I want them to be BIG NOW!! :D

Reactions: jaws7777
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store