My Clown Loachs Are Missing

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
I once had a pair of convicts about 2-3" tear apart and eat a 3" silver aro, so the cichlids may have eaten it. In my experience, clown loaches arent aggressive at all so I dont think they would have eaten the others. Or maybe like Jeox said they jumped to the floor and a dog or cat ate them?

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
My CKF crammed himself into a deco i had in his tank. I thought my aro har eaten him but their sizes were too close. Check everything and check it twice.

fisher12889

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Colorado
My CKF crammed himself into a deco i had in his tank. I thought my aro har eaten him but their sizes were too close. Check everything and check it twice.
Definately. I had a clown loach "dissapear" for several days. I looked high and low and eventually gave up, but I saw him a few days later lol

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I have never seen a clown loach eat another clown but maybe the big one did, I have had "missing" clowns that had buried themselves in the gravel.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
I doubt the others ate them.

bmxer4ever

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 25, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
Clown Loach Mystery?

Clowns will devour dead fish if they're hungry. My liitle baby 1 1/2 inch Clowns had finished off half of a male Platy overnight. (He'd been bullied to death by another male)
Who knows what really big ones like yours would do if they wanted a snack!
I agrees with other MFKs that they are not usually aggressive, but my big 6 inch Clown clicks and bumps all the smaller ones out the way when its sinking pellet time.... if the Distichodus hasn't eaten them all on the way down ...!

Sometimes the most obvious answer is the right one.....

Clown&Distichodus.jpg

Mr Pleco

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
West
I checked this morning, again. Nothing turned up. I look through the gravel with my hand. everywhere, checked the one cave I have. Moved plants, checked filters. I have a cat, but my door is always closed to prevent the cat from going to the bathroom in my room. Not in any of the filters.

:swear:

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Sorry to hear about your loss. Issue an amber alert.

thatonegirl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I lost 5 clowns in my tank when I had an internal bacterial infection that killed a fish I didn't immediately remove. The dead fish was scavanged and the infection was transferred. On top of losing my 5 CLs, I also lost 2 cories, an oto, 14 neons, and two rams (one of which brought the infection. :swear: ) However, I originally thought I lost 6 CLs and one was just a very, very good hider. Granted, mine were only about 2.5" at the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store