My Collection

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
dimfer said:
I've been checking out this site for a while, just decided to become a member recently...

Fil aqua hobbyists are everywhere :mwave:

it looks like there are lot's of nice guys here, I'll do what I can to contribute to the community.

are you the same redtailfool at palhs?

Thanks Dimfer! Yes i am rtf at pahls too...
Lots of cool things going on here ..stick around.

Your aros are all breathtaking. its a reason to move to canada mate!

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
hked24 said:
can u share how much u pay for those aro. i wanna c how much it is in canada compare to here in NYC...
asian arowanas are expensive here in Canada too, here is an actual price tag at a local fish store

All in Canadian dollar ( 0.87 US)
rtg - $ 1,200.00 - $ 1,800.00 depending on grade
red - $ 2,800.00 - up depending on grade
xback - $ 4,000.00 - up depending on grade

I paid less than that because I imported directly from Singapore, farms sell direct but their minimum is US $ 10,000.00.

Resize of red.jpg

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
redtailfool said:
Thanks Dimfer! Yes i am rtf at pahls too...
Lots of cool things going on here ..stick around.

Your aros are all breathtaking. its a reason to move to canada mate!
thanks..hopefully, your government would allow asian arowanas to the US soon, esp now that there is massive breeding in Singapore

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
dimfer said:
thanks..hopefully, your government would allow asian arowanas to the US soon, esp now that there is massive breeding in Singapore

Wont happen anytime soon pare , As long as the farms are not implementing restocking in the wild, and the wild aro numbers continue to dwindle, its a lost cause.
It doesnt matter to them if the farms breed them now en masse.

dimfer

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2005
Canada
redtailfool said:
Wont happen anytime soon pare , As long as the farms are not implementing restocking in the wild, and the wild aro numbers continue to dwindle, its a lost cause.
It doesnt matter to them if the farms breed them now en masse.
that's sad, with the high price of aro in world market, I don't see the farms putting some back in the wild soon.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
dimfer said:
that's sad, with the high price of aro in world market, I don't see the farms putting some back in the wild soon.

Not only that, but the rivers where scleropages are native to are mostly 3rd world.
Poaching arowanas are rampant even in supposedly wildlife reserves. There are even reports that the governments lends a blind eye to people fishing for arows.

Its going to be hard to restock if conditions are like that.

T1KARMANN

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
London UK
redtailfool said:
Not only that, but the rivers where scleropages are native to are mostly 3rd world.
Poaching arowanas are rampant even in supposedly wildlife reserves. There are even reports that the governments lends a blind eye to people fishing for arows.

Its going to be hard to restock if conditions are like that.
i also dont think its a good thing if the farms start to put aros back in to the wild with all the defectsa they have

drop eye
swim bladar problems
protruding lower jaw

all of which if they are genetic should not be let lose on the wild populatiuon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store